Check for 2015 IMAT updates here
2014 IMAT updates
Update 23.04.2014 – IMAT test venues adresses
For those who didnt see it yet, the exact adress where the IMAT will take place in each city and details of a contact person were pubblished on the universitaly website here
Update 04.04.2014 – number of candidates for 2014 IMAT is released, read more
Update 14.03.2014 – IMAT online subscription video guide
Update 04.03.2014 – Preferences by non-EU
The CINECA (who are the official body responsible for IMAT in Italy) have sent this message explaining how the selection of preferences will work for non-EU:
The admissions for IMAT are open. The official rules were posted in English on universitaly here (pdf)
Official IMAT guide for 2014 was released. Read the translated summary here
the application that was opened on Universitaly website on the 12th appears to be concerning only the Italian taught courses and it’s currently not possible to subscribe to IMAT. This info was formulated slightly ambiguously by the Ministry of education which lead to the misleading assumption that this round will include IMAT subscriptions as well. I am sorry for the inconvenience that this misunderstanding might have caused to you.
We are awaiting the release of the official IMAT regulations for 2014 to come out in the following days or weeks together with the IMAT subscription dates, test locations, fees and other info. I will inform you about any developments via the mailing list.
- The subscription for all admission tests NOT INCLUDING IMAT will be open from 12 February 2014
- The whole procedure will be held online on the www.universitaly.it portal as last year.
- Bonus points for GPA will NOT be given this year
- reconfirmed that IMAT test will be held on 29 April 2014
- Regarding the IMAT test specifically they’ve said: “The modality, the contents of the test and available posts for the degree courses in Medicine and Surgery in the English language will be defined in a subsequent Decree“.
- This decree didn’t include any further IMAT specific details like English certificate bonus or such for the English IMAT, but the Italian counterpart (for the Italian Degree) will be 100 minutes long with 60 questions similar to the IMAT last year.
- Minimal 20 points threshold will be needed this year in order to get to the ranks this year as well
So I hope the IMAT specific decree will come out in the following days. For now make sure you know which Unis you prefer the most (make a list of 3) hopefully the blog post here can help you decide.
Subscribe for the Newsletter on the top right to get updates live to your inbox.
Latest posts by Alex (Pavia) (see all)
- 2016 Medical School Application Calendar Released: Pre-enrollment is Open - March 28, 2016
- Harvey student shares IMAT preparation advice - February 9, 2016
- Whiteboard sticky film: my student’s dreams came true - February 6, 2016