The Italian Ministry of education (MIUR) has released preliminary information about the IMAT admission test for 2017. The national IMAT exam date, for the admission to all public Italian medical schools (IMAT) was set to:
14 September 2017
As always, the results of the national IMAT test are valid for admission to the Italian public medical schools on the same year only.
Private Italian medschools run their own, separate admission tests (sometimes also called IMAT) on the following dates:
- Humanitas, Milan – computer-based “Humanitas UKCAT test“, 18-26 April 2017
- San Rafaele International MD, Milan – 29 March 2017 (for non-EU only; EU test date not available yet)
- Cattolica University, Rome – 20 Feb. 2017
Note that the public IMAT and private IMAT test results are not interchangeable, so you can’t access private medschools with public IMAT test and vice-versa.
Alex is a graduate of the Harvey Medical Program at University of Pavia and is the founder of MEDschool.it. He is a Resident in Ophthalmology and a Researcher in Ophthalmic Gene Therapy in Germany.
Latest posts by Alex Ochakovski (Pavia) (see all)
- Practical ways to finance your medical studies in Italy - January 14, 2020
- Official IMAT 2018 Directive released (English) - June 14, 2018
- URGENT Deadlines for pre-application to several English medical schools in 2018 - April 8, 2018