Quick facts about IMAT 2020
Test date & formatTest scoring and rulesTest locations, price and validitySample past papers
- IMAT 2020 date: September 10, 2020 (10.09.2020)
- IMAT 2020 Format: 60 multiple choice questions (10 logical reasoning, 12 culture and general knowledge, 18 biology, 12 chemistry, 8 physics and math). 5 possible answers. Negative points for wrong answers. 100 minutes to complete exam. (estimate based on IMAT 2019)
- Negative scoring: +1.5 point for correct answer, 0 for no answer, -0.4 points for wrong answer (guessing)
- No calculators and no periodic tables are given or allowed.
- Maximum possible mark: 90 points
- Minimal score for admission (varies according to demand): approx. 37 points
- Cost: est. GBP 114, EUR 130, or USD 164
- Test is held once per year and valid for all public medical schools in English in Italy for entry in the same year.
- Locations: The IMAT can be taken in most major cities (NY, Dubai, London, Tel Aviv, Athens, Barcelona, see all test locations.).
All past IMAT papers can be downloaded as PDFs here.
How to prepare for IMAT
Looking where to find previous IMAT exam papers, analyze them and show trends between the different years
The exam will include questions on the following topics
Most recommended books for self-paced IMAT test preparation. Prepare for IMAT efficiently by using the books we've carefully picked based on exam-takers feedback. This list includes books for all IMAT exam sections, inlcluding: Biology, Chemistry, Physics...
Leonardo Schools in Rome and Milan organize a classroom IMAT courses to prepare for all parts of the IMAT test.
Improve your memory, read faster and get a competitive edge for IMAT. Great also for Medical students. Read the full review.
Can’t attend a IMAT Classroom Course? Don’t worry! You can now prepare for the IMAT in the comfort of your own home with those Live Online courses.