Quick facts about IMAT 2021
- IMAT 2021 date: 9th September, 2021
- IMAT 2021 Format: 60 multiple choice questions (10 logical reasoning, 12 culture and general knowledge, 18 biology, 12 chemistry, 8 physics and math). 5 possible answers. Negative points for wrong answers. 100 minutes to complete exam. (estimate based on IMAT 2020)
- Negative scoring: +1.5 point for correct answer, 0 for no answer, -0.4 points for wrong answer (guessing)
- No calculators and no periodic tables are given or allowed.
- Maximum possible mark: 90 points
- Minimal score for admission (varies according to demand): approx. 37 points
- Cost: est. GBP 114, EUR 130, or USD 164
- Test is held once per year and valid for all public medical schools in English in Italy for entry in the same year.
- Locations: The IMAT can be taken in most major cities (NY, Dubai, London, Tel Aviv, Athens, Barcelona, see all test locations.).
All past IMAT papers can be downloaded as PDFs here.
How to prepare for IMAT
- Non-EU Admission Call for Humanitas Medical School in Milan - April 20, 2020
- IMAT 2020 & Coronavirus official update - April 13, 2020
- IMAT 2020 test day announced - March 11, 2020