Looking for an in-person classroom course to fully prepare you for the IMAT test?
We’ve checked Leonardo school’s Intensive IMAT prep-course, which we will present here in detail and even negotiated a special deal for our readers.
Leonardo’s school is a network of reputable private prep schools, with authorization from the Italian Ministry of Education. This network was among the first to begin offering English taught intensive IMAT preparation courses in form of frontal lessons in Rome and Milan.
The IMAT intensive course offers a structured study plan based on the official IMAT program, professional teachers and plenty of exercises to ensure that the students will know to apply all the knowledge they gain during the course to pass the IMAT exam. We found the course best suited to people who need a thorough in-depth review of the material, especially those who didn’t study specific IMAT topics (e.g. Physics) in school.
The location of the course (Rome & Milan) allows the student to minimize distraction from home and everyday family worries and to fully focus on the studies with like-minded peers who are just as focused on passing the IMAT with a high score.
As a nice bonus, by attending the course in Italy, you will have an opportunity to visit the English Medical schools in the city or nearby, get to talk to medical students and have a taste of the Italian culture.
IMPORTANT: From our previous experience with Leonardo’s school, their IMAT courses are getting booked out really fast. For example, the IMAT course in Milan was fully booked in 14 days since the announcement last time. Places are reserved on “first come first served” basis and last year many students contacted me desperately after all places were booked out, but there was nothing we could do. Additionally, it takes time to get a visa (the school will help you with that) and to prepare your arrival, so make sure to book as early as you can.
July 2020 Intensive IMAT course summary:
- Lessons begin July 06, 2020 until July 24, 2020 in Rome and Milan, Italy.
- 3 weeks of intensive Monday to Friday schedule (105 lessons in total).
- Price: with exclusive 10% discount coupon from MEDschool.it: 1602 Euro (
1780 Euro) + 70 Euro subscription fee
- The course covers an in-depth review of all parts of the IMAT exam in English.
- Extensive Multiple Choice Questions practice.
- Small study groups.
- Housing arrangements via Leonardo school (starting from 16 Euro / night)
- Subscription opening: OPEN. The previous courses got filled in 14 days from announcement!
How to enroll? Need more info?
Last years, the classes were filled with mostly International candidates, coming from many foreign countries, especially for the course. No concerns were raised about the English level of the teachers and the course has received very positive feedback.
Course Price and Coupon Discount
Having a big community behind me, I was able to negotiate a special discount of 10% for our visitors, dropping the price to 1602 Euro (
1780 Euro) with the coupon code. That is for 105 lessons + 70 Euro registration fee.
IMPORTANT: To get the discounted price you will need to fill the form above, without any obligations, then you will get the coupon number by email as well as more info and contact details.
Accommodation is provided in a variety of options – from a shared room to single room or with a boarding Italian family. Prices start as low as 14 Euro/night (from 294 Euro for 3 weeks) and include all bills, WiFi, cleaning, and sheets. The apartments are located inside the city, some more and some less centrally, but all with a public transport connection to the course location.
At your first day, you will make a test simulation in order to identify your strong and weak points both in English / logic as well as scientific topics of relevance.
- Mornings: 09:00 – 13:00 (some days till 12:00) – Lessons and exercise in Critical Thinking and Problem Solving (50 full-hours)
- Afternoons: 14:00 – 18:00 (some days 13:00- 17:00) Biology/Chemistry/Physics/Math Theory and Exercises on test (55 full-hours)
* Leonardo school is an independent organization and it is not run nor endorsed by medschool.it
Alex is a graduate of the Harvey Medical Program at University of Pavia and is the founder of MEDschool.it. He is a Resident in Ophthalmology and a Researcher in Ophthalmic Gene Therapy in Germany.
Latest posts by Alex Ochakovski (Pavia) (see all)
- Practical ways to finance your medical studies in Italy - January 14, 2020
- Official IMAT 2018 Directive released (English) - June 14, 2018
- URGENT Deadlines for pre-application to several English medical schools in 2018 - April 8, 2018