First candidates that have passed the admission exam will be given a priority (so to improve your chances to get in to advanced years check if you can take the IMAT again). After all those requests will be satisfied and in case of remaining free spots, only then the other requests will be taken in consideration . In any case when there are two few spots compared to number requests, the ranking list will be based on credits (CFU or ECTS) acquired from passing the exams during your university studies. Then only to resolve parities in the ranks, a GPA of uni exams will be taken into account. So it’s better you do more exams than have high marks for this process. (see criteria section for details)
The deadline for application for this year is July 15, 2013 (postal stamp date)
A friend of mine who successfully passed this procedure told me that in his year there were only 5 places available and for some other years, no places were available at all. After the acception, there might be problems with recognition of previous exams. The recognition in Paiva is mostly based on the CFU or ECTS points-worth of every exam you had. What you can do before your application is to check by yourself if the exams you took have at least as many points as we have in Pavia. You can find the list here. If let’s say your anatomy exam was 12 CFU and in Pavia it’s 20 CFU then chances are that you’ll have to repeat the exam in Pavia. The person in charge for the convalidation is Profesoressa Maurizia Valli, but don’t bother her before checking since she’s very busy.
Official rules and directions for transfer to Pavia University
RULES FOR ADMISSION TO YEARS BEYOND THE FIRST YEAR OF THE DEGREE IN MEDICINE AND SURGERY IN ENGLISH FOR TRANSFER, CAREER RE-EVALUATION, RECOGNITION OF FOREIGN STUDIES, SECOND DEGREE, TRANSFER BETWEEN DEGREES
The number of free places per year will be published on the website of the Secretary of Medicine.
CAREER RE-EVALUATION, RECOGNITION OF FOREIGN DEGREES, SECOND DEGREES, TRANSFER BETWEEN DEGREES
The following types of students:
- students holding a Bachelor’s Degree in Medicine and Surgery in a foreign university (Shortening of career);
- students holding a Bachelor Degree in Dentistry (Shortening of career);
- Students with previous careers in Medicine and Surgery in English carried out at Italian or foreign universities, who wish to obtain recognition of exams they’ve already taken (Revaluation of career);
- Students enrolled in the degree course in Medicine and Surgery in Italian enrolled in the 1st and 2nd year in academical year of 2012/13 (students enrolled in the 3rd and 4th year in academical year of 2012/2013 should refer to the following paragraph TRANSFER FROM OTHER UNIVERSITY AND TRANSITION FROM A UNIVERSITY DEGREE IN MEDICINE AND SURGERY IN ITALIAN)
On the application ( Form ), an email address must be specified, to which the office will send notification of the outcome of the request. Submission of an application pre-assessment request. The form (see link above) addressed to the Rector, needs to be sent according to the methods described below:
- by post-mail: the form can be send with registered mail, addressed to “Ufficio Protocollo” via Mentana 4, 27100 Pavia, specifying on the outside of the envelope: “Richiesta nulla osta anni successivi a.a. 2013/2014 al Corso di Laurea Magistrale in Medicina e Chirurgia – classe LM-41 c.u.”( which means “Request clearance academic years 2013/2014…”);
- by certified electronic mail (PEC). In such a case the person concerned must send the certified email to the following address: [email protected] – in the e-mail must contain the text: “Richiesta nulla osta anni successivi a.a. 2013/2014 al Corso di Laurea Magistrale in Medicina e Chirurgia – classe LM-41 c.u.”
The application needs to be accompanied by the following documents (if sent with PEC, it is necessary to scan them):
a. photocopy of your passport or other valid form of identification to the effects of the law
b. a self-certified list of passed exams written in a special form available at the following address: http://www.unipv.eu/on-line/Home/Navigareper/Studenti/Modulistica/documento5291.html
The office of Student Office will send notice to the parties concerned e-mail attached with the resolution by the year of admission.
In the period from 26 August to 20 September 2013 students from a Bachelor’s / Master’s Degree in Medicine and Surgery in English (degree type DM 509 / 99 or DM 270/2004) at other universities and students from the degree course in Medicine and Surgery in Italian enrolled in the third and fourth academical year 2012/2013 must submit the application for pre-assessment following the same procedure described in the previous paragraph (Submission of application for pre-evaluation).
- The instructions to be followed to conclude the registration
- a Go-ahead permission to present to their University of origin for requesting transfer at the University of Pavia
The requests will be evaluated by a special committee that will determine on the basis of the curriculum of the student, the year to which he will be admitted, based on to the rules approved by the Teaching Council (Consiglio Didattico) and will indicate the courses that can be recognized by University of Pavia.
If the number of requests is superior to availability of seats per year, you the following rules will apply:
b) in the case of a tie between candidates in terms of Credits, an average of University exam marks will be taken into account.
Final registrations will take place in December 2013.
Alex is a graduate of the Harvey Medical Program at University of Pavia and is the founder of MEDschool.it. He is a Resident in Ophthalmology and a Researcher in Ophthalmic Gene Therapy in Germany.
Latest posts by Alex Ochakovski (Pavia) (see all)
- Practical ways to finance your medical studies in Italy - January 14, 2020
- Official IMAT 2018 Directive released (English) - June 14, 2018
- URGENT Deadlines for pre-application to several English medical schools in 2018 - April 8, 2018