The MEDschool.it website was created in 2011 by Alex, then a medical student in Pavia, to spread the word about the public Italian medical schools that had started to teach medicine in English, and to help candidates navigate through the application process and admission exams.
Today the website is collaboratively run by students from various English medical schools around Italy, as well as other editors. The students blog about their lives and their medical schools.
This website was created purely on a voluntary basis to give a genuine “insiders’ look” at the various English taught medical courses in Italy. Are you considering joining and blogging about your medical course? Read how here!
The people behind MEDschool.it
Alex is a graduate of the Harvey Medical Program at University of Pavia and is the founder of MEDschool.it. He is a Resident in Ophthalmology and a Researcher in Ophthalmic Gene Therapy in Germany.
Latest posts by Alex Ochakovski (Pavia) (see all)
- Practical ways to finance your medical studies in Italy - January 14, 2020
- Official IMAT 2018 Directive released (English) - June 14, 2018
- URGENT Deadlines for pre-application to several English medical schools in 2018 - April 8, 2018
Erik Campano is a graduate student in Umeå, Sweden, studying the ethics of artificial intelligence in medicine. He formerly was an academic consultant to the English-language medical school of the University of Turin. Erik completed his Bachelor’s of science in Symbolic Systems (cognitive science) at Stanford University, and then he worked for about eight years as a radio news anchor, before moving to biomedical scientific study and research at the University of Paris and Columbia University. Erik grew up in Connecticut, is a citizen of the United States and Germany, and his family is a mix of Filipino, Italian, and German.
Latest posts by Erik Campano (see all)
- Your New Life in Bologna: An Editorial and Guide - January 9, 2020
- How to Find Housing for Med Students in Bologna - January 5, 2020
- A Detailed Profile of the Bologna English Med School - December 31, 2019
Emergency medicine physician, graduated in Pavia. After going through six tough years of med school, I know how valuable information and encouragement can be; so here I am, trying to provide a bit of both with my posts.
Latest posts by Stefano Doria (Pavia) (see all)
- 2019 IMAT – Make Sure You are Prepared for the BIG Change Just Announced - May 11, 2019
- IMAT 2019 exam date [official news!] - March 9, 2019
- Returning home, sixth year and other monsters - February 3, 2018
Latest posts by Ivet Tagareva (Bari) (see all)
- How We Study Human Anatomy at BEMC Bari - April 24, 2018
- Traditional Barese Dinner in a Local Family House - April 4, 2018
- Emergency Medicine in Bari: an experience you will never forget By Ivet Tagareva - December 31, 2017
Edoardo Trovato has enrolled to Rome La Sapienza IMS in 2012. He was born and grew up in Modena, Italy. Always showing a great interest in science and particularly Medicine. Despite the abundance of medical programs in Italian, Eduardo has decided to go for the hard journey in a foreign language, as he firmly believes in the importance of internationalization. He chose La Sapienza for its worldwide fame and the charm of the eternal caput mundi. In 2013 he also set up a forum dedicated to his course. www.ims-sapienza.com
MEDIT Consult OÜ
Sepapaja 6, Tallinn 15551, Estonia