MEDschool.it website was created in 2011 by Alex, a medical student in Pavia, to spread the word about the public Italian medical schools that started to teach medicine in English and to help candidates to navigate through the application process and admission exams.
Today the website is collaboratively run by medical students from various English Medical Schools around Italy, who blog about their life as med-students and their medical schools.
We are not affiliated with any medical school, this website was created purely on a voluntary basis to give a genuine “insiders’ look” on the various English taught medical courses in Italy by the students themselves. Considering to join and blog about your medical course? Read here how!
The people behind MEDschool.it
Alex is a graduate of Harvey Medical course in English, taught in Pavia University and the founder of MEDschool.it. He currently pursuits his carrier in Ophthalmology and ophthalmic gene therapy research in Germany.
Latest posts by Alex Ochakovski (Pavia) (see all)
- 3 practical ways to finance yourself as a medical student in Italy (and how to prepare for it in advance). - January 26, 2018
- The complete guide to being married to a medical student - January 25, 2018
- 7 things top achievers do when preparing for a test - January 19, 2018
Erik Campano is a consultant to the English medical school of the University of Turin and doing a Master's degree studying artificial intelligence applications in global health at the University of Umeå, Sweden. He completed his Bachelor’s of science in Symbolic Systems at Stanford University, and then he worked for about eight years as a radio news anchor, before moving to biomedical scientific study and research at the University of Paris and Columbia University. His goal is to develop AI technologies for international emergency humanitarian aid organizations like Doctors without Borders, and to combine medicine and journalism. Erik grew up in Connecticut, and is a citizen of the United States and Germany.
Latest posts by Erik Campano (Milan) (see all)
- A Visit to the New English Med School in Turin - February 25, 2017
- Student Xhorxhi Kaçi’s Welcome Speech at IMS Milan White Coat Day - November 13, 2016
- Why Tomorrow’s Pavia-Milan Football Match Matters - November 11, 2016
Born and raised in Pavia, Stefano is a fourth year student who’s now looking forward to going on an adventure abroad; besides volunteering for the local Red Cross emergency ambulance service, writing is one of his hobbies. He speaks about the daily life in different wards of the (almost) senior students, while struggling through the path towards an Erasmus.
Latest posts by Ivet Tagareva (Bari) (see all)
- Emergency Medicine in Bari: an experience you will never forget By Ivet Tagareva - December 31, 2017
- How to open a free bank account as a student in Bari - August 5, 2017
- “Medici con Camper” — One Great Adventure - July 26, 2017
Edoardo Trovato has enrolled to Rome La Sapienza IMS in 2012. He was born and grew up in Modena, Italy. Always showing a great interest in science and particularly Medicine. Despite the abundance of medical programs in Italian, Eduardo has decided to go for the hard journey in a foreign language, as he firmly believes in the importance of internationalization. He chose La Sapienza for its worldwide fame and the charm of the eternal caput mundi. In 2013 he also set up a forum dedicated to his course. www.ims-sapienza.com